AFB Consulting uses the applicable, prevailing standards for conformance testing. For example, for the Web and app-based testing we do, we test against either the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) Levels A and AA or the WCAG 2.1 standards, depending on the client’s needs. Those criteria have been referenced in many structured settlements and consent agreements as being the standards of choice by disability-advocacy groups and the U.S. Department of Justice. On request, we have the ability to test against the lesser-known and more stringent AAA-level criteria as well, for both WCAG 2.0 and 2.1.
Many organizations position their solutions around automated testing tools that offer a push-button approach to accessibility testing. Those solutions are inexpensive, scalable, and easy to implement. However, even the best automated tools on the market can only test for about 15% of the WCAG 2.0 conformance issues—leaving organizations risk-exposed to remaining 85%.
AFB Consulting also leverages these automated tools, but we don’t stop there—we also address the other 85% of issues that automated tools cannot identify. We identify issues through manual code inspection, manual operability testing, manual assistive-technology-based testing, and, when applicable, user-based testing with individuals who have disabilities. In short, we test against all 38 WCAG 2.0 A and AA criteria each and every time, and often, we identify accessibility issues outside the conformance criteria as well, helping our clients to become thought leaders and innovators in inclusive design.
For questions or to discuss AFB’s services in more detail, please contact Cristopher Broyles, AFB Chief Consulting Solutions Officer, at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- 212-502-7612 Office, or
- 352-989-1696 Mobile