How AFB Changes Lives
- We expand and share knowledge through a variety of initiatives, including original research and our peer-reviewed Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
- In the business world, we guide the creation of more accessible products and websites.
- We advocate for better policies that promote accessibility and ensure equality and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired, creating a culture of inclusion at work, at school, and in our communities.
- We speak up for children who are blind or visually impaired, to make sure they have the resources they need, including textbooks and classroom materials.
- We advocate for people who are losing their sight—particularly the increasing number of older adults experiencing vision loss—to make sure they get the services and resources that will help them remain independent.
- We convene leaders—across our field and among business leaders, public officials and other decision-makers—to champion the development of legislation and best practices that provide equal opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Through our monthly publication, AccessWorld® Magazine, we write and edit objective information you can trust—smart and informed commentary, cutting-edge news, product reviews, and trends concerning information technology and visual impairment.
Next Leadership and Staff