The Stephen Garff Marriott Award honors a blind or visually impaired individual who has served as an extraordinary mentor or who has had a remarkably successful career.
It was established in honor of Stephen Garff Marriott, who lost his vision later in life and served as an exemplary role model to others with vision loss. Marriott rose to the upper ranks at Marriott International through hard work and tenacity, and was known for being a talented executive, sales manager, and ambassador of the Marriott brand.
Nominees should embody the characteristics that defined Stephen G. Marriott:
- Service as a mentor and trainer
- Nominees must be legally blind
- Nominees must be employed
- Nominees must show a commitment to service or mentoring
- Nominees should have a demonstrated history of high achievement in their respective field
The winner will be determined by committee.